That’s right! Anyone can build one of these beautiful cheese & charcuterie boards. I typically have this for when I have guests over and dinner isn’t quite ready yet. My guests have something delicious to pick at and munch on, while I’m adding the final touches to my dinner. It also saves me from stressing over whether my guests leave my home still hungry (a Filipino’s worse nightmare!). Here are my easy tips and steps to creating my favourite assortment of cheese and cured meats.
The Key to a Gorgeous Charcuterie Board
- Choose 3 to 4 different good quality cheese – always have at least one soft cheese. Sometimes the smellier, the better! Mix it up between old aged, cheese, high fat/cream cheese etc.
- Choose 3 to 4 good quality meats. Ask for a sample, if possible. It’s not worth trying to skimp out and getting the cheaper type. You only need about 100g of each so why not spend a little more? I like to add a good sausage, a salami and prosciutto
- Add crunch – mixed nuts
- Add sweetness – crunchy pear or apple or dried fruit
- Add preserves or jelly to add an extra layer of flavour – I usually opt for fig or apricot
- My favourite – drizzle a generous amount of honey all over the cheese! Changes your life
- Another life changing addition – olives + sprinkle of parmigiano reggiano = heaven!
- Serve with an assortment of crackers, flat bread, crusty french bread.
What’s your favourite cheeses or cured meat? How does your Charcuterie Board look like? Share with me or comment below!